- $20 for one general admission ticket (up to $39.80 value)
Dates and Times
- Saturday, September 26 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, September 27 at 3 p.m.
- Who they are: a taiko drum troupe with members from Japan, Switzerland, and the U.S.
- When they formed: 1995. They’ve traveled the world since, playing everywhere from Carnegie Hall to Miyajima Temple in Hiroshima.
- Where the taiko tradition comes from: it was originally developed to communicate across vast distances and scare away approaching giants
- What distinguishes taiko drums from regular drums: their size—some of them weigh 400 pounds and stretch more than six feet long
- Taikoza’s special guest: Ichiro Jishoya, a taiko master known for playing 10 of the massive drums at once
- How Eric Hubler of the Washington Post described a Taikoza show: “something strange and wonderful [was] coming…There was thunder and there was lightning and there was the sea crashing against a cliff.”