- Two tickets to Fashion Arena, presented by The Fashion Opera. Admission includes parking and access to the botanical gardens.
- When: Sunday, August 10, at 3 p.m.
- Where: The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $25 for two general admission sitting tickets and a swag bag ($54.50 value)
- $25 for two general admission standing tickets ($54.50 value)
For more information, tune into Good Morning Texas on August 4, where Shannon Powell Hart of WFAA Good Morning Texas will be the host.
Though Fashion Arena may take its cues from stylish cities such as New York and Paris, it ultimately celebrates a chic locale that’s a little closer: Dallas. The fashion show sets up shop amidst the colorful blooms and plants of the botanical gardens and adds the vivid hues of apparel from emerging hometown designers to the palette. The Fashion Opera co-founder Antonio Wingfield showcases his latest cocktail dresses and dramatic evening gowns during the event, creating a presentation that blends the theatrical with the practical.
The Fashion Opera
Antonio Wingfield loved turning his designs into wearable realities—but he didn’t love the fashion world’s narrow standards of beauty. Looking to explore the deeper meanings of fashion, beauty, and the politics surrounding both, he developed a unique concept: using garments to tell a story. Wingfield co-founded The Fashion Opera with Darnelle Sanders, and the two set out to do much more than showcase clothing. The interactive theatrical experiences aim to challenge perceptions about aesthetics, a mission in keeping with Wingfield’s belief that “a garment has the power to uplift the spirit.”