What You'll Get
- $12 for one ticket for general-admission standing (up to $23 value)
- The way of The Tubes: Imagine a power-pop band like The Cars or Cheap Trick—but led by Andy Kaufman and Bertolt Brecht—and you’ll get a sense of The Tubes theatrical, prankish, and absurdist twist on rock-‘n-roll conventions.
- The leader of The Tubes: the irrepressible Fee Waybill, who in the past adopted alter egos for the band’s surreal stage shows, which were more SNL than rock concert
- Some of Waybill’s characters: country singer Hugh Heifer, drug-addled Brit pop star Quay Lewd, and punker Johnny Bugger (he actually broke his leg on stage doing that bit)
- How they got the media’s attention: Waybill’s onstage antics got them banned in England, which has strict laws against being entertaining.
- How they got your attention: most likely with their sole Top 10 hit, 1983’s “She’s a Beauty,” which stayed in MTV rotation thanks to a provocative video involving a peep show
- The show: Although The Tubes have settled into a straightforward pop band over the decades, fans can still expect Waybill to go back to his old ways in a set that encompasses the group’s entire career, from “White Kids on Dope” to “Talk to You Later.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 24, 2016. Limit 20/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.