- One ticket to The Walking Dead Escape
- When: select times, July 10–11
- Where: Petco Park
- Click here to view the event’s FAQ page
- $23 for a Survivor ticket (up to $47.20 value). Survivors start in 15-minute waves from 8–10 p.m., and must navigate the course without touching Walkers.
- $41 for a Walker ticket (up to $83.95 value). Walkers receive zombie training and professional make-up.
The Walking Dead Escape
As if the comic books and television series weren’t scary enough, The Walking Dead Escape transforms Robert Kirkman’s zombie epic into a white-knuckle reality, creating the most immersive, visceral experience a fan could hope for shy of the actual apocalypse. A smash hit upon its debut at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con, the zombie obstacle course’s contagion has now spread across the country.
Its concept follows that of its source material: the world is overrun by zombies (“Walkers” in The Walking Dead parlance) and the only humans left alive must struggle to avoid becoming entrees. In the Escape, those Survivors navigate an evacuation route that mirrors the wasteland of the comic books, dodging a cast of walking corpses who can pass their infection with a simple touch. In addition to the Walkers, the route is filled with fun yet daunting obstacles that force survivors to slide, crawl, and climb out of danger. Although the Escape is not a timed race that requires running, fate doesn’t favor lollygaggers. Zombies do.