- One ticket to see New Repertory Theatre’s production of The Whipping Man
- Where: Arsenal Center for the Arts
- Seating: tier B
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart, which is in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.<p>
$25 for a weekday performance (up to $50.75 value). Choose from the following dates:
- Thursday, January 30, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 31, at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 5, at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 6, at 7:30 p.m.<p>
$30 for the performance on Sunday, February 2, at 7:30 p.m. (up to $55.75 value)<p>
The Whipping Man
Matthew Lopez’s atmospheric think piece takes place on the night of Passover in 1865—just a few days after the end of the Civil War. With a bullet in his leg, a Jewish ex-Confederate soldier is taken in and cared for by two of his former slaves.<p>
New Repertory Theatre
The three-decade old company takes pride in staging thought-provoking works, including afterlife: a ghost story and Opus, which help guide audiences toward the true meaning of loss and friendship. This approach, as well as its penchant for staging new works from New England–area playwrights, has earned the company 21 Elliot Norton Awards and 40 IRNE Awards. But its contributions don’t stop there. In addition to performances at its home base, Arsenal Center for the Arts, the New Rep frequently transports the magic of the theatre to underserved schools for free or pro-rated productions.<p>