- Thirsty Cowboy’s New Year’s Eve Bash featuring the John Hardy Band and including a dinner buffet
- When: Tuesday, December 31, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Thirsty Cowboy
- General admission
- Dinner buffet starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $12 for one ticket (up to $22value)
- $24 for two Groupons, each good for one ticket (up to $44 value)<p>
John Hardy Band
- Lead singer of the John Hardy Band: John Hardy
- Where you’ve heard him: Northeast Ohio country outfits including Unforgiven, Conestoga, Ohio’s Heartland, Rebels & Rogues, and Lawless
- The band’s philosophy, according to Hardy: “. . . People just want to have a good time when they’re out . . . If the band is having fun, the crowd will have fun.”
- Their sound: crisp, clear country with strumming guitars and light, melodic vocals
- The setlist: a blend of contemporary country tunes by artists such as Eric Church and George Strait
- Unexpected entries: songs from The Eagles, Stone Temple Pilots, and sometimes the Bee Gees<p>
A little slice of the Texas nestles within Thirsty Cowboy. Old-fashioned country acts such as Jason Michael Carroll, Mark Leach, and local favorite Coalie’s Run regularly whip up storms of line-dancing on the hardwood floors, recalling the saloons of the frontier days. Between boot-stomps and beers, crowds gravitate to TC Tornado, the area’s only mechanical bull, where rodeo riders can test their mettle and bickering friends can finally determine who has the lowest center of gravity. Afterward, guests can recharge their hand strength by gripping barbecue pulled-pork sandwiches or a quesadilla burger—a half-pound Angus patty tucked between tortillas and smothered with cheese.