29 restored military aircraft and 60 exhibits sprawled above and below the decks of an aircraft carrier that served from 1945 to 1992
What You'll Get
The USS Midway Museum is temporarily closed as of Monday, March 16th. Click here for additional information. Tickets are valid for any operating day through December 31st 2020.
- Youth tickets are valid for ages 6–17 and adult tickets for ages 18 and up.
- Free admission for children 5 and under
- Click here to view the schedule
- Onsite cafeteria: yes
- Paid parking available on Navy Pier and surrounding streets
- The Santa Fe Train Depot and American Plaza Trolley Station are located nearby
USS Midway Museum
The USS Midway is a retired aircraft carrier now serving as a museum on San Diego’s waterfront. During its 47 years of operation—including a decade as the largest ship ever commissioned—the Midway had around 225,000 sailors serve above and below its decks. Today, visitors can follow in the shoes of sailors and pilots and experience life aboard this city at sea.
- Size: a full aircraft carrier, with 30 restored Navy aircraft and more than 60 exhibits sprawled above and below its deck
- Eye Catcher: WWII planes on the hangar deck, including the SBD Dauntless dive bomber
- Below Deck: galley, sick bay, engine room and everything else that kept the floating city operational
- Museum Guides: docents providing first-hand accounts of life at sea, or an included audio tour narrated by Midway sailors, available in 6 languages
- Don’t Miss: Voices of Midway – a 15-minute multimedia presentation on the most important naval battle in WWII for which the ship is named
- Hands-On Activities: full-motion flight simulators (extra charge); climb-aboard cockpits; knot-tying demonstrations
- Pro Tip: It takes a while to see everything in the museum; most visitors spend three–four hours aboard the carrier
- Special Programs: WWII veteran meet-and-greets on select days. Docent talks on the flight deck describing how to land or launch an aircraft on a carrier
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 1, 2021. ALL SALES FINAL. Limit 4 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. This is a ticket valid for one-day admission at USS Midway. Not valid for special events. Valid for day time admission only (10 a.m.–5 p.m., with last entry at 4 p.m.). During peak visiting times such as weekends and holidays there may be a wait to board the USS Midway. To expedite processing the clients are asked to print the voucher and have it available for scanning when they arrive. Valid only for option purchased. Must use in one visit. Closed on major federal holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas). Offer is not eligible for promo codes or other discounts. Expires on December 31, 2020. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.