Baseball enthusiasts can’t properly behold the glorious seventh-inning stretch in a crowded living room, because there’s always someone standing on the coffee table getting his forehead rhythmically slammed by the ceiling fan. Catch the game in comfort with this GrouponLive deal to see the Waterloo Bucks at Riverfront Stadium. Choose between the following options:
- For $8, you get one general-admission ticket to each game on opening weekend against the Willmar Stingers (a $17 value), which includes the following:
- Friday, June 1, at 6:35 p.m.
- Saturday, June 2, at 6:35 p.m.
Sunday, June 3, at 3:05 p.m.<p>
- For $10, you get a game package that includes two tickets for box seating (a $14 value), one souvenir program (a $3 value), and a Bucks window cling (a $4 value; a $21 total value). Game-day packages are valid at one of the following games:
- Against the Willmar Stingers on Sunday, June 3, at 3:05 p.m.
- Against the Alexandria Beetles on Sunday, June 17, at 3:05 p.m.
- Against the St. Cloud Rox on Thursday, July 19, at 6:35 p.m.<p>
The Waterloo Bucks stampede into the 2012 season as part of the Northwoods League, which corrals collegiate ballplayers from across the country for an abbreviated, three-month season. Since beginning play in Waterloo in 1995, the Bucks have captivated local fans each summer, showcasing baseball’s future stars before they head back to their universities or decide to study abroad beneath second base. This season, the Bucks will chase their third league championship behind a roster loaded with both international and homegrown talent, including University of Iowa outfielder Andrew Host. Aside from giving them a chance to hone their skills during summer months, the Northwoods League aims to provide its players with a minor-league-type experience, complete with overnight road trips and wooden bats, meaning hitters don’t have to tune their lumber to the correct ping prior to each pitch.