Like a classic work of Victorian literature, a trip to the bar often begins with an introduction to colorful characters and ends with the revelation that everyone in the room is related to each other. Continue an age-old struggle with today’s Groupon to Manhattan’s Bar & Lounge in Mount Pleasant. Choose between the following options, which are valid for dine-in or carryout:
- For $17, you get a pizza meal for two (up to a $37.80 total value), which includes the following:
- Two house salads (a $5.95 value each)
- Two personal 9-inch classic- or ultra-thin-crust pizzas (a $7.95 each), each with two toppings (up to a $0.75 value each)
- Two draft domestic beers or soda (up to a $3.50 value each; draft beer not valid for carryout)
- For $10, you get $20 worth of anything on the menu. Entrees range from $7.95 for sandwiches to $15.95 for 14-inch pizzas.<p>
Manhattan’s Bar & Lounge pairs savory personal pizzas with cold pours in a lively sports-bar atmosphere. Dining duos square off with a house salad, testing plate-to-mouth speed with crisp bites of romaine adorned by shredded cheese and bacon, then dappled with crunchy sunflower seeds. Chefs induce jealousy in stick figures with a pair of 9-inch classic-crusted pies or ultra-thin-crust pizzas gussied up with two meats or veggies such as italian sausage and artichokes. Meals are escorted to gastrointestinal glory with two draft beers or sodas before patrons saunter over to a pool table or the Wii for friendly competition. Diners can also sharpen their vocal skills at the karaoke mike. The bar’s assortment of TVs regularly shows football games, whose scores multiply into the millions after being reflected through the tiny mirrors on the centrally located disco ball.