What You'll Get
- $30 for general admission for two to New Times Artopia ($50 value)
This three-hour extravaganza celebrates the best in local talent, including visual artists, fashion designers, DJs, and chefs. With this Groupon, both attendees will receive food and beer samples, as well as full access to the event with their general admission. Artopia was named one of the top 100 events in Miami/South Florida for 2014 and 2015 by BizBash.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 18, 2016. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Valid only for date and event on ticket. Valid only for age 21 and above. Event is indoors and outdoors, rain or shine. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Miami New Times 8th Annual Artopia
For the eighth year in a row, the Miracle Mile of Downtown Coral Gables miraculously transforms into a mecca of art, culture, fashion, food, music, revelry, and even more art at Artopia. This season's celebration of Miami's most promising talent stuffs plenty of eye, ear, and mouth candy into just three hours. Here's a rundown of the highlights, so you can (at least attempt) to see it all:
- The Theme: Steampunk, the subgenre that juxtaposes 19th century industrial steam-powered machinery and Victorian costumes, like Jane Eyre tricked out with vintage aviator goggles and gears under her bodice
- The Art: Artopia packs peripheries with exhibitions from exciting local painters such as Courtney Einhorn, Torek Le Fresh, and Shot by Git, plus live performance art
- The Music: Enjoy dance jams from DJ Anthony Pisano of the Brass Knuckles crew, who's rocked the decks at events for Jamie Foxx and Dwayne Wade
- Other Artopia Fun: Gawk at the catwalk during a fashion showcase, or cheer as local artists vie for a prize grant at the New Times' MasterMind Awards ceremony
- Bites and Libations: Culinary craftsmen and mixologist mechanics keep guests fueled with complimentary food, wine, beer, and cocktail samples