Students learn sailing basics such as tacking, mooring, and knots during a six-hour intro course with lunch and practical sailing on the Bay
About This Deal
- What’s included:
- Six-hour class starting at 10 a.m.
- Lunch hour
- Two hours of practicing sailing on the Bay
- Sailing guide
- What students learn:
- How sailboat works
- Common commands used to steer one
- Basic sailing terminology
- Basic boating knots
- Fundamentals of boating safety and weather
- Practical part of course is subject to weather
- Next upcoming class is on May 22 and 23
- Good for beginners and those with little experience
All CDC Covid-19 guidelines will be followed - Mask wearing will be required for the course.
About Miramar Yacht Club
Miramar Yacht Club, one of the premier sailing clubs in Brooklyn, is offering a 6-hour Introduction to Sailing Course for anyone who has an interest in learning how to sail.
Sun sparkling on the waves, a breeze in your sails, and an ocean full of fish ready to bite. Miramar Yacht Club specializes in facilitating these kinds of perfect days on the water, for which the club maintains a fleet of well-maintained sailboats perfect for a range of sailors, from experienced to beginner. Once you return to the dock, spend a few hours relaxing by the pool or reading a book in the shade.