Guests can take part in holiday celebrations at Orange County’s only Mission featuring attractions such as tree lighting and meeting Santa
What You'll Get
- The Mission grounds will be decked out in lights and the Front Courtyard features a huge 10-foot wreath, perfect for a holiday photo op
- Guests can join in a nightly tree lighting in the Ruins of the Great Stone Church
- Large scale nativity
- Serra Chapel, California’s most historically significant chapel, is open “after hours”
- Light a prayer candle for peace and goodwill in the Ruins of the Great Stone Church
- Selfies with Santa and holiday crafts workshop are offered on select weekends
Guests must be onsite before 5:00 p.m., tickets valid all-day
- Click here for details
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 7, 2020. Amount paid never expires. Voucher not valid on 12/24, 12/25 or 12/31. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). Must use promotional value in 1 visit(s). Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Mission San Juan Capistrano
Saint Serra founded Mission San Juan Capistrano on All Saints Day in 1776, he created the 7th of California's 21 missions, which were intended to serve as epicenters of Christianity and Spanish culture in the New World. The mission system fell into disarray and disrepair during the war for Mexican independence and the Mexican-American War, but San Juan Capistrano remains, standing as a relic of that era and a testament to California's historical mélange of European and Native American cultures.
The mission invites visitors to learn more about the region’s history by exploring 10 acres of preserved adobe architecture, fountains, and gardens. Audio tours give groups a unique insight into the site's stories, and rotating exhibits feature artwork as well as historical and religious artifacts from San Juan Capistrano. Hands-on activities allow guests to recreate the experience of centuries-old mission life by making adobe bricks, panning for gold, and crafting arrowhead necklaces.