Choose Between Two Options
- $14 for a full day admission for two ($20 value)
- $40 for a one-year Painted Desert Affiliate family membership ($60 value)
The Painted Desert Affiliate membership is valid for two adults and children under 17.
Museum of Northern Arizona
The Colorado Plateau is a sprawling piece of natural history. The 130,000 square-mile area has been home to diverse life—from prehistoric plants and dinosaurs to Native Americans, who have inhabited the area for 12,000 years. Since 1928, The Museum of Northern Arizona has celebrated the region and its beauty with science-based and art exhibits.
- Size: a 200-acre museum campus with an exhibit building, research labs, and is the primary location for collections from the Colorado Plateau with approximately 250,000 cataloged artifacts.
- Eye Catchers: 194 reproductions of prehistoric Native American murals from 1300–1700 A.D.
- Permanent Mainstays: about 20,000 paleontology specimens, from plants to dinosaurs
- Don't Miss: the museum shop, which has sold Native American jewelry and fine art for more than 50 years
- The Buildings: The grounds encompass more than 40 buildings, many of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- Pro Tip: Hike the nature trails that surround the museum, which were once traveled by the most health-conscious dinosaurs
- Special Programs: children's classes focus on subjects such as art, dinosaurs, and prehistoric foods