Choose from Three Options
- $148 for a 60-minute lesson and scenic flight for one ($489 value)
- $199 for a 60-minute lesson and scenic flight for two ($649 value)
- $199 for a 2-hour flight lesson package for one ($649 value)
2-hour flight lesson package option includes the following:
- 30 minutes of pre-flight instruction
- 60-minute aircraft rental with hour-long flight above San Diego
- Opportunity to assume full control of the plane until touchdown
- 30-minutes of post-flight recap
- Headset rental
- Pilot information kit
- Temporary access to aviation-facility library and computers
It takes a baby bird weeks to become ready to leave the nest and fly. At Plane Insights, you'll only need 30 minutes. After a brief ground introduction, instructors lead first-time pilots into one of the coolest classrooms around: a Cessna 150 or Piper Cherokee. These planes take students on an hour-long introductory flight, during which instructors hand over the controls. Mountains stretch for miles to the east, with beaches and the ocean to the west—it's the kind of view that can change a person's life.
Think that's an exaggeration? Just ask Plane Insights' senior instructor and leader for over a decade, Paul D. Langston. He fell in love with flying when he was just 16 years old, going on to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in aeronautical science and a Master's Degree in aviation education. Langston then spent 25 years as an air traffic controller, somehow finding time to also become a nationally-published aviation writer.
Here's what to expect from Langston and his talented colleagues at Plane Insights: aside from scenic discovery flights, the certified instructors teach private pilot, commercial pilot, and instrument rating courses, as well as specialty courses in subjects such as flying over mountains and International Borders..