Guests meet Grinch and get a self guided tour of his festively decorated lair at the Historic Anderson County Jail
About This Deal
- The Grinch’s Lair is a fun and festive experience inspired by ‘‘How The Grinch Stole Christmas’’ by Dr. Seuss. Visitors get a chance to immerse themselves in whimsical and interactive production while discovering what ridiculousness he and his pack will be up to when on a mission to make sure all children have a magical Christmas.
- General admission
- Dates and times: Fridays or Sundays, November 19–December 19, 2021; 12 p.m.–6 p.m.
- Board games and customized letters available at an added cost at the front desk
About Grinch's Lair at Texas Jail House
Some people make it a tradition over the winter holidays to visit Santa's sleigh, where happy kids run up to sit on the big guy's lap, whispering in his ear the presents they hope to receive. Families in Palestine, Texas, however, have the chance to celebrate a different tradition—one that takes them to, of all places, the Historic Anderson County Jail.
From the months of November to December, curious kids and families will find the Grinch—the biggest scrooge of the holiday season—taking up residence at this Texas jail. To repent for his crimes and his attempts to steal Christmas, the Grinch begrudgingly poses with kids and even takes some groups on walking tours of the old historic jailhouse, which has been decked out with holiday cheer for the occasion.
- Guest at the Grinch's Lair at Texas Jail House will be greeted by a cast of characters before being led up to the Grinch's spot in the jail
- This self-guided tour features neon lights and colored trees that resemble the decor found in the popular movies
- Self-guided tour and meet-and-greet times run from noon until 6 p.m. on available dates