What You'll Get
- $15 for admission for one ($20 value)
- See a map of the museum
USS Midway Museum supports United States veterans.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 1, 2017. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Not valid for special events. Valid for day time admission only (10a.m. - 5p.m., with last entry at 4). Closed on major federal holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas). Not valid for use on November 25, 2016 and December 26, 2016-January 1, 2017. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About USS Midway Museum
The USS Midway is a floating fortress. During its years of operation—including a decade as the largest ship ever commissioned—the aircraft carrier had around 225,000 sailors serve above and below its decks. Today, it takes up permanent residence in San Diego's harbor, where it lets visitors walk in the boots of sailors and pilots from World War II up to Operation Desert Storm.
- Size: a full aircraft carrier, with 29 restored military aircraft and 60 exhibits sprawled above and below its deck
- Eye Catcher: WWII planes on the flight deck, including the SBD Dauntless dive bomber
- Below Deck: crew's quarters; the engine room; and everything else that kept the floating city operational
- Museum Guides: docents who tell naval stories, or an included audio tour narrated by Midway sailors
- Don't Miss: the Enlisted Uniform exhibit, which shows how sailors and wistful seagulls have dressed throughout the years
- Hands-On Activities: full-motion flight simulators; climb-aboard cockpits; knot-tying demonstrations
- Pro Tip: It takes a while to see everything in the museum; most visitors spend three–four hours aboard the carrier.
- Special Programs: air shows and fireworks displays from the flight deck; WWII veteran meet-and-greets on select days