- $15 for admission for one ($20 value)
- See a map of the museum
USS Midway Museum supports United States veterans.
USS Midway Museum
The USS Midway is a floating fortress. During its years of operation—including a decade as the largest ship ever commissioned—the aircraft carrier had around 225,000 sailors serve above and below its decks. Today, it takes up permanent residence in San Diego's harbor, where it lets visitors walk in the boots of sailors and pilots from World War II up to Operation Desert Storm.
- Size: a full aircraft carrier, with 29 restored military aircraft and 60 exhibits sprawled above and below its deck
- Eye Catcher: WWII planes on the flight deck, including the SBD Dauntless dive bomber
- Below Deck: crew's quarters; the engine room; and everything else that kept the floating city operational
- Museum Guides: docents who tell naval stories, or an included audio tour narrated by Midway sailors
- Don't Miss: the Enlisted Uniform exhibit, which shows how sailors and wistful seagulls have dressed throughout the years
- Hands-On Activities: full-motion flight simulators; climb-aboard cockpits; knot-tying demonstrations
- Pro Tip: It takes a while to see everything in the museum; most visitors spend three–four hours aboard the carrier.
- Special Programs: air shows and fireworks displays from the flight deck; WWII veteran meet-and-greets on select days
Central San Diego
910 N Harbor Dr.
San Diego, CA 92101