During the basics rock-climbing trips, guides teach the fundamentals of climbing movement and belaying in an easy-to-follow progression
What You'll Get
Climbing location may vary and may be different than the listed ones.
- Outdoor climbing
- Age restriction: 12+
- What’s included: guide, gear, and course curriculum
- Location of climb: location to be determined at the point of redemption
- Basics trips are held on weekends, 9 a.m.–12 p.m.
- What to bring:
- Hiking shoes or boots
- Appropriate clothing and layers for the day
- Rain jacket
- 1-2 full water bottles and snacks
- Any personal medications needed
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat
- Camera or phone for pictures
The Fine Print
The mountain-savvy staff at Apex Ex equip people of all skill levels with the knowledge, gear, and plans necessary to explore the wilderness all year round. Seasoned guides and instructors, many of whom are trained by organizations such as the National Outdoor Leadership School and the American Mountain Guides Association, lead classes that teach students important lessons ranging from backcountry snow basics to avalanche rescue. In summer months, the experts lead guided climbing, hiking, and backpacking trips.