Until the personal watercraft was invented, mankind’s only hope for summer fun involved hitting candied hams with tree branches. Celebrate watery invention with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$29 for a two-hour standup paddleboard tour for one (a $60 value)
- Guides lead exploration of Newport Beach Harbor
- All experience levels welcome
- Standup paddleboard tours depart Fridays ar 12 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m.<p>
$129 for a two-hour guided tandem Sea-Doo ride for up to two (a $275 value)
- Two-hour ride explores South Orange County–coastline spots
- Up to two people on one jet ski
- Veteran guides point out landmarks
- See the harbor’s native sea lions and dolphins
- Summertime rides depart Fridays at 9 a.m. and Saturdays and Sundays at 8 a.m.<p>
Balboa Water Sports
A shiny fleet of fuel-efficient Sea-Doo GTI watercraft lines the dock of Balboa Water Sports, ready to conquer the California coastline anytime of the year. Jet-ski-savvy staffers help customers become aqueous explorers, renting out gleaming white jet skis for supervised joy rides and guided rides.
The popular guided rides sit up to two persons on a single jet ski to enjoy the coastline’s lush morning light at thrilling shark-like speeds. Sea lions romp on the shore as watercraft skim along past Corona del Mar, Crystal Cove, and Emerald Bay. Tours also stretch as far south as Laguna Beach, where sea riders often spot adolescent dolphins playing mischievous games such as Marco Polo and spin the bottlenose.
Balboa Beach & Bicycle Boutique
Take a break at Balboa Beach and Bicycle Boutique, where they are ready to conquer the California coastline anytime of the year. Savvy staffers help customers become explorers, renting out beach and bicycle essentials that guests don't have to pack or worry about since all of the rental equipment is cleaned and maintained regularly. Their bike rentals help visitors cruise down the boardwalk, taking in views of the beach and scenic coastline, Balboa Pier, and more.