Choose Between Two Options
- $19 for an annual individual membership ($50 value)
- $29 for an annual family membership for up to four ($75 value)
Membership benefits include:
- Invitations to members-only rehabilitated-bird releases and lectures
- Discounted admission to the center’s annual auction fundraiser, For the Birds
- A Bird TLC bumper sticker
- Discounts at partner organizations, including the Alaska Zoo, Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Alaska Botanical Gardens, Pet Zoo, and Alaska Mill and Feed
Bird Treatment and Learning Center
Since opening in 1988, Bird Treatment and Learning Center has treated thousands of sick and injured birds from across the region. People bring in wild chickadee nestlings, bald eagles, and even a red-footed booby from Hawaii. Although their species vary, all the avian patients need time to recover. Thanks to the center, which provides both a clean living space and medical treatment, roughly 55% of the birds leave Bird TLC to resume lives in the wild. Birds that are unable to return to the wild in educational settings, such as zoos and animal sanctuaries.
Along with rehabilitative treatment, the center runs live educational presentations with a group of more than 25 wild birds, including great horned owls, peregrine falcons, and hermit thrush. And the center welcomes volunteers, who learn everything from proper nutrition to housing techniques to help baby birds thrive birds until they’re ready to live in the wild.