Good Southern cooking can transport you to a country kitchen—biscuits in the oven, chicken frying in the skillet, and a bare-chested Ted Turner in the doorway with an armload of firewood. Experience true grits with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
$11 for a dinner for two (a $26.90 value)
$20 for a dinner for four (a $53.80 value)
Dinners include the following per pair of diners:
- Choice of rib tips, brisket, pulled pork, meatloaf, southern-fried chicken, pork chop, whiting fish, or tilapia entree with two sides, such as collard greens or mac ‘n’ cheese (a $7.50 value each)
- Choice of carrot cake or banana pudding (a $4.95 value each)
- Two drinks such as water, soda, or iced tea (a $1 value each)<p>
Dessert options change monthly, and may include such choices as peach cobbler, double fudge chocolate cake, and red velvet cake.<p>
$11 for a wings meal for two (a a $23.29 total value) that includes:
- 25 wings of any flavor (a $17.50 value)
- Blue cheese and celery (a $1 value)
- One large shared side (a $2.79 value)
- Two drinks (a $1 value each)<p>
$45 for a tailgate party package for up to 12 people that includes one meat of choice (not including wings), two sides, rolls, and plasticware (a $96 total value)
Party hosts can pick up their catering package onsite, or opt to have it delivered for an extra $20.<p>
Boujhetto's Soul Food Restaurant
Boujhetto's owner Marlene Carson didn't always think she was going to own a soul-food joint; in fact, the eatery grew out of her work starting Rahab's Hideaway, a local shelter and resource center for victims of human trafficking. Carson, as she described to NBC, is herself a survivor of trafficking, and founded Rahab's Hideaway to help women put their lives back on track. Boujhetto's gives a leg up to Rahab's clients by offering training and employment cooking and serving soul food. The eatery has been lauded on Oprah.com and profiled on NBC for helping empower women to build solid new lives for themselves.
Boujhetto's menu contains plenty of Southern-style food, from breakfasts of grits, sausage, and chicken and waffles to entrees of crispy-fried pork chops. In the sandy-yellow dining room, visitors chow down on items such as burgers, fish sandwiches, chicken and waffles, Kool-Aid Pickles, and Grippo's wings. The restaurant also hosts special community enrichment events during after hours.