$50 for family festival package ($68 value)
- Four general admission tickets
- Two tickets to BYO Strawberry Shortcake Tent
- One poster
- Valid May 21-22, 2016
California Strawberry Festival
When the springtime sun shines over California, it's doing more than just giving locals another reason to stay outside: it's bringing life to the state's enviable strawberry crop. Held every May, the California Strawberry Festival celebrates the iconic berry with two days of live entertainment and, more importantly, loads of berry indulgence. Before you dig out your "I Like Strawberries Berry Much" t-shirt, read on to find out more:
- Decadent treats: Spread across 50 vendor booths, the festival's strawberry-centric eats take on many forms; try old favorites like strawberry shortcake or chocolate-dipped strawberries, or get adventurous with strawberry pizza and even deep fried strawberries. There's also plenty of strawberry beer and margaritas.
- Strawberry Promenade: The festival's lively striped exhibition tent collects all manner of strawberry expertise in the form of cooking demonstration and engaging activities.
- Contests: Feeling competitive? The festival is home to lots of free-spirited competitions, which range from the strawberry tart toss to the pie-eating showdown and relay race. Attention, milliners: there's also a best berry hat contest.
- Strawberryland: Sized for kiddies, the festival's mini-midway includes rides, activities, face-painting, theatrical performances, and special meet-and-greets with everyone's favorite character: "Strawberry Shortcake."
- Arts and Crafts: Berries are inspirational. Just as the more than 200 vendors at the arts and crafts fair, whose artworks often show influences from the festival's namesake fruit.
Strawberry Meadows of College Park
3250 South Rose Avenue
Oxnard, CA 93033