Participants can speed along the Gulf beaches and watch bottle-nose dolphins with sightseeing narration from the captain
About This Deal
- Duration of trip: 1.5–2 hours
- Departure location: 3400 Pasadena Ave. South, St. Petersburg, FL (St. Pete Beach Area)
- Departure times: 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Free admission for children 2 and under (must mention them during reservation)
- Click here to view the schedule
- The vessel: Dolphin Racer, 100% Coast Guard certified with personal flotation devices and all required lifesaving equipment
Need To Know
About Dolphin Racer Speedboat Adventure
The thrum of the Dolphin Racer carries through the water like an ice-cream truck's jingle. A 4-foot-high wake trails behind, fanning out into a fork as the speed increases and the passengers ready their cameras. Soon, a glistening fin breaks the surface. The first bottlenose dolphin seems to levitate on top of the wave while it bodysurfs for the sheer fun of it, then disappears back into the sea. Its pod follows suit, leaping, splashing, and riding the swells, soaking up the attention of the human spectators.
Sights like this are typical on the Dolphin Racer Speed Boat. The sunny yellow craft skirts across the waterways of the Gulf Beaches on 60- to 90-minute trips while up to 125 people lounge on the open deck and the captain narrates the scenic sights of the passing beaches. Ample viewing space ensures that cameras can capture split-second jumps and spins when the dolphins heed the call to play. Whether it's because of the thrill of breaching, the pride in their celebrity status, or an underwater bet to see who can communicate with humans first, the dolphins' presence is virtually guaranteed—the boat offers a complimentary future cruise in the case of no-shows.