To be considered a historical landmark, buildings must be at least 50 years old and contain at least one Founding Father’s skeleton. Feel history in your bones with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $22 for a one-year family membership (a $45 value)
- $40 for a two-year family membership (a $90 value)<p>
With each option, members receive the following:
- Unlimited admission to the museum for the entire family
- A 10% discount on all museum-shop purchases
- Email notifications on upcoming programs and events
- Invitations to special events and members-only exhibition openings<p>
East Tennessee Historical Society
The early 20th century holds a certain charm. Even while peering through the apothecary's questionable brown bottles or cringing at the sound of the dentist's foot-powered drill, it's hard not to look back with wonder on men in straw hats and women with lacy parasols hopping onto streetcars as they clambered down cobblestone roads. With permanent exhibits set up to re-create such scenes—including an urban streetscape display with an original streetcar—the East Tennessee Historical Society allows visitors to literally take a stroll through state history. Since 1834, the organization has collected stories and artifacts from Tennessee residents, preserving many tales and genealogical records in the Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection. The society shares its findings through publications and ongoing lectures, conferences, and interactive school programs.