Bistros became popular in America after French diplomats visiting the Continental Congress insisted on dining outdoors, breaking Ben Franklin’s time-saving custom of eating while sleeping in the shower. Enjoy the fruits of European diplomacy with today’s Groupon to elle wine bistro. Choose between the following options:
- For $45, you get a dinner for two (up to a $95 value) that includes:
- One appetizer of your choice (up to a $15 value)
- Two entrees of your choice (up to a $30 value each)
- Two drinks (up to a $10 value each)
- One complimentary dessert for diners who use their Groupon Sunday–Thursday
- For $10, you get $20 worth of anything on the menu.
elle wine bistro lets dining duos choose from a seasonally rotating menu of both popular and obscure tongue teasers. Diners can open meals by noshing fried brie topped with a spiced green-apple chutney ($11.50) in the glow of the bistro’s light-studded, suspended circular ceiling or saunter out onto the open-air patio to nibble on steamed mussels bathed with Thai green curry ($15). Locally sourced, organically produced ingredients take center stage in entrees such as homemade Italian sausage in baby-shrimp-tomato-fennel broth ($26 full, $18.25 petite) and the roasted organic Amish half-chicken with chipotle-orange glaze ($21). Owner Jeff Fuld’s passion for pairing eatables and vino inspires an impressive wine list that includes glasses of pinot grigio ($7.5+) and malbec ($7+) that can complement meals and create a culinary harmony unseen since the California Raisins dominated the airwaves.