All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
One-Week Summer Camp for One Kid
One-Week Summer Camp for Two Kids or Two-Week Summer Camp for One Kid
- Scratch Animation and Design (One week, Ideal for 7-10)
- Description: Build a strong foundation in computer science and creative problem solving through animation and design with MIT’s Scratch program.
- Sessions: July 24-28 & August 21-25.
- Scratch Game Design (One week, Ideal for 7-10)
- Description: Learn the principles of game design and user experience while bolstering computational thinking skills with MIT’s Scratch program.
- Sessions: July 17-21 & August 7-11
- Exploring Hardware and Robotics (One week, 9-13 year olds)
- Description: Using Arduino and Robolink, students learn the basics of software, mechanical, and electrical engineering to make their own micro-computers and robots.
- Sessions: July 10-14 (9-11 year old section); August 14-18 (10-13 year old section)
- Web Development One (One week, Sections for 11-14 and 14+)
- Sessions: June 19-23 (For 11-14 year olds); June 26-30 (For 11-14 year olds); July 31-August 4 (Teens)
1.What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
Generation Code is a kids coding and robotics program that offers summer camps, after-school classes, and Saturday programs out of our state-of-the-art Lab in Vienna, Virginia. We stand out from our competition because of our thoughtfully crafted curriculum designed by teams of k-12 educators and professional coders. We also have a superstar staff that are both knowledgeable about coding and understand how to make tough concepts accessible to kids!
2. What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
Generation Code began as a spinoff of The New York Code & Design Academy, an adult coding bootcamp in NYC. We got so many calls from parents wanting their kids to learn to code early, that we knew we had to find a way to make our courses accessible to kids. We found passionate instructors who understood how to work with kids and curriculum writers who understood how kids learn, and from there, Generation Code was born!
3. What do you love most about your job?
Everyday at Generation Code our Lab is filled with kids having ‘aha’ moments! Our camps and programs combine rigorous instruction with exploratory learning and fun, collaborative, project-based opportunities for kids to demonstrate their newfound learning, and the results never fail to wow our team.
4. What is the best reaction you’ve ever gotten from a customer?
One of our students has been attending another coding camp for the past three years and recently decided to test out Generation Code. After the first day of camp, he went home to his parents and shared, “I learned more in a day at Generation Code than I did in a week at ID Tech!” We pride ourselves on teaching real-world skills and taking adult content and making it accessible to kids.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 21, 2017. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Please contact Generation Code to verify availability for desired date before moving forward with the voucher purchase to ensure accommodation for desired program. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.