Dancers use their bodies to express emotions, unlike opera singers, who use their voices, and Punchin' Jack, who only uses his fists. Get an eyeful of art with this GrouponLive deal.
- $30 for one G-Pass to see Carolina Ballet presents Balanchine's Rubies (up to a $56 value)
- When: select dates, October 11–20
- Where: Fletcher Opera Theater at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: side orchestra or rows 2–5 of the balcony
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- [Click here to view all available performance dates]().
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
First recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors Award, cofounder of the New York City Ballet, choreographer of more than 400 dances—there's a reason George Balanchine is one of the most celebrated figures in ballet. But for the Carolina Ballet's artistic director, Robert Weiss, Balanchine's works are deeply personal. In his days as a young dancer with the New York City Ballet, Weiss witnessed Balanchine create the choreography for Rubies, the second act of his three-part ballet Jewels. Now Weiss aims to portray Balanchine as he once knew him. His glittery Balanchine's Rubies, seamlessly set to a challenging, jazz-inspired score by Stravinsky, captures the live spontaneity in that initial composition, finding the piece's duet balancing classic movements with modern surprises. Two other pieces by Balanchine, Raymonda Variations and The Steadfast Tin Soldier, will also take the stage, demonstrating the choreographer's supreme innovation and belief in the virtues of a robotic army.