- $42.50–$45 for general admission (up to $65 value)
- $52.50 for VIP seating (up to $75 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
Evangel Cathedral: Christmas Celebration 2015
- The occasion: Christmas rung in with gospel style and an extra celebratory vibe, as the event is in its 25th year
- The event: a two-hour pageant that blends music, dance, storytelling, and spectacle, including a laser light show and special effects across 10 set pieces
- Singers you may know: gospel superstar Kirk Franklin, pastor and hitmaker Marvin Sapp, and Grammy-winning duo—and reality-star sisters—Mary Mary
- Singers you’ll get to know: Yolanda Adams, Tamela Mann, Ledisi, Avery Sunshine, and Anthony Brown & Group Therapy
- The cast joining them: 200 performers belting out traditional carols, devotionals, and original songs
- What they’ll be doing: virtually visiting Christmases in Biblical times, the Victorian era, and the present day—everything but the inevitable dystopian future ruled by sentient nutcrackers
- Who else will be there: a whole manger’s worth of animal performers, from camels and llamas to goats, horses, and dogs
Bishop Don Meares and his wife, Marion, deliver large-scale worship services and celebrity-studded events at Evangel Cathedral Multi-Media & Arts Center. In addition to prayer services, the stunning faith center hosts Bible study classes, mentorship opportunities, and even a spiritual hotline that parishioners can call in times of distress. Women's groups and youth groups foster an even greater sense of community among the congregation. The church also has many specialized facilities: a bookstore provides edifying materials, and a banquet hall called Camelot invites diners to try and pull a knife out of the mystical block of butter in the kitchen.
13901 Central Ave.
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774