It’s always great to hear your favorite song live, because you can sing along and see what the notes look like as they float out of the instruments. See the music with this GrouponLive deal.
- $14 for one ticket to see Edwin McCain Band plus Maggie Koerner (up to a $27 value)
- When: Friday, October 4, at 9 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues New Orleans
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Edwin McCain Band Plus Maggie Koerner
Edwin McCain performing "I'll Be"
* Edwin McCain's sound: gentle pop-rock with an acoustic shimmer, a sometimes funky backbeat, and hopelessly romantic lyrics * Where you've heard his music: on the soundtracks to A Cinderella Story, Message in a Bottle, and particularly emotional evenings * What to expect during his set: greatest hits, new favorites, and an easy-going repartee between performer and audience * Likelihood of Edwin playing his biggest hit, "I'll Be": high * Likelihood of him doing it begrudgingly: low. As Edwin says, "It's funny to me when artists get irritated by the one song that kept them from being a pizza delivery person." * Fun fact about opener Maggie Koerner: she sang on and co-wrote the Galactic song "Hey Na Na," used in promotions for Bravo's Top Chef: New Orleans
House of Blues New Orleans
At home in the French Quarter, the House of Blues New Orleans keeps its heritage ever near with a metal box of mud from the Mississippi Delta hidden beneath its stage. Around this, more than 290 pieces of folk art—one of the largest collections in the country—decorate the walls. Also bringing its Southern charm and homestyle feel are hardwood floors, no fewer than three bars, and two levels for concert viewing.