- $45 for one VIP ticket to Foam Fest, including a T-shirt and glasses (up to $86.25 value)
- When: Saturday, April 19, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum
- Section: general admission to the floor
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- The sound: DJ concoctions of house, trance, and dubstep
- The experience: like dancing in the world’s biggest bubble bath, or accidentally locking yourself in your dishwasher
- Why?: the dance floor, and all of the dancers, are doused in sudsy foam
Electric Foam 5K
With runners approaching the starting line in capes and pink wigs, LED bracelets and neon glasses, it's obvious that the Electric Foam 5K is more of a party than a race. But what hammers the point home is the foam. As participants of all ages run, walk, jog, or dance through the course, Electric Music Foam stations meet them at every kilometer, dousing them in bubbles and cranking up their pulse with EDM jams. Nighttime runs go one step further, too, accentuating the carefree fun with lighted tree installations, colorful glowing murals, and a boogeyman-free guarantee.
If the run seems like a party, it's nothing compared to the after party. Once runners get their fill from food carts and vendors, the venue erupts into a dance hall, with DJs spinning beats by Calvin Harris, Daeadmau5, and David Guetta. And to make sure the participants don't forget where they are, a countdown sounds and cannons fire foam into the crowd.