What You'll Get
- One ticket to Giordano Dance Chicago Spring Series
- When: March 27–29
- Where: Harris Theater
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $25 for B section (up to $50 value)
- $37.50 for A section (up to $75 value)
- The Classics: perfected over the company’s 52 years
- The New Works: they’re premiering two pieces—the only way around is through by company member Joshua Blake Carter and Alloy by artistic director Autumn Eckman
- The Company Elsewhere in the Media: the four choreographers of this program have worked for Jennifer Lopez, So You Think You Can Dance, The Lion King, and America’s Got Talent
For more than half a century, Giordano Dance has helped set the tempo for American jazz dance. The 50-year milestone is especially remarkable considering the company’s humble beginnings—when it was first founded in Chicago in 1963, it was made up of only five dancers who roamed the highways in a station wagon, eager to share their art with the world. But they didn’t stay small for long. Just five years later, the group performed for the Bolshoi Ballet and so impressed the group that they were invited to travel with them overseas, try some borscht, and tour the Soviet Union—the first jazz company to embark on such a tour. Since then, Giordano Dance has grown to be one of the world’s preeminent ensembles, combining jazz, hip-hop, and modern techniques in joyous pieces staged by lauded choreographers.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of event for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Harris Theater. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Harris Theater's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.