- $12 for two tickets to a theatrical performance (up to $24 value)
- Where: Ethington Theatre
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- As You Like It, August 28–September 6
- Scapin, October 9–18
- Die Fledermaus, November 13–22
- Winter Dance Concert, December 4–5
Ethington Theatre Season
- As You Like It: One of Shakespeare’s most popular comedies weaves the intricate tale of Rosalind, the daughter of a banished duke who falls for a heartthrob. Before the two can profess their love to each other, Rosalind is banished from the court by her uncle, the usurping Duke Frederick, giving cause to plenty of cross dressing, mistaken identities, and the famous monologue “All the world’s a stage.”
- Scapin: The conniving servant Scapin must draw on all his wits to keep two young couples together, despite the protestations of their stern parents. Clown and comedian Bill Irwin adapts Molière’s classic comedy for modern audiences, keeping the laughter while adding eye-popping stunts.
- Die Fledermaus: Eisenstein is supposed to spend eight days in jail, but he’d rather accept an invitation to a sumptuous ball—a ball that just might be part of an elaborate revenge scheme. This fast-moving, light-hearted tale keeps audiences enthralled with twists, turns, and Strauss’s rollicking score.
- Winter Dance Concert: The university’s dance students present a program of new pieces.
Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University’s theater students involve themselves in every aspect of each production, from acting, directing, and lighting to set construction. The university hosts its performances in the 311-seat Ethington Theatre, whose intimate space brings audiences close enough to hear every whispered dialogue exchange and see the puppet strings attached to every actor’s limbs.