What You'll Get
- Here Come the Mummies
- Where: Varsity Theater
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- For ages 18+
- Includes color event poster
- Ticket values include all fees.
Here Come the Mummies
- Who they are: a full funk band wrapped in the linen strips favored by deceased Egyptian royalty
- What to expect at their live show: narrative jams that weave vulgar innuendo with colorful characters such as the boogeyman and a hot-dog vendor
- Signature songs: “Libido Knievel” (about a lascivious daredevil) and “Dirty Minds,” which sets a list of gutter-bound thoughts to a mambo rhythm
- Instrument you won’t see at the symphony anytime soon: cowbelts—one-of-a-kind pelvic bells played with hip thrusts
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 9, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 10/9 at 3pm for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Varsity Theater. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Ticketfly's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Varsity Theater
If the building at 1308 4th Street had a mouth, it could tell many stories. It could tell of its birth as The University Theater in 1915 and how its infancy was spent in vaudeville, presenting everything from minstrel shows to early silent films. It could tell of the art deco remodel by architects Jack Liebenberg and Seeman Kaplan that turned it into a full-time movie house for the next 50 years. And it could tell of its days in the '90s and early 2000s when it worked as an underground club and a photography studio. But today, in its own way, the theater speaks mostly of the current music scene, hosting everyone from Mumford and Sons to Feist and Saul Williams.