Music is a force powerful enough to calm a baby, soothe a wild beast, or compel the two to dance with each other. Be overcome by this GrouponLive deal.
- $18 for one ticket to Jamaica Day Reggae Festival (up to $30 value)
- When: Saturday, July 5, at 5 p.m.
- Where: Anne Arundel County Fairground
- General admission
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Guests will receive a free raffle ticket at the ticket booth for a chance to win prizes.
Jamaica Day Reggae Festival
- The festival's mission: to support the Jamaica Education For The Poor Foundation, which funds leadership training for at-risk Jamaican youth, and supports efforts to build an Arts and Cultural center in Maryland
- Its second mission: to fill audiences with serenity as they sway in the sunlight to reggae acts
- Headliner who specializes in the rocksteady, romantic genre of lover's rock: Frankie Paul
- Tony Roy's authentic reggae sound comes from: being born in St. Thomas, Jamaica, where he started a high-school band called Chosen People that found international success with singles such as "Just Gwaan"
- As a solo artist: Tony's conquered DC with his backing band Yawd Link, and scored the 2009 award for Best Reggae Recording at the DC Reggae Awards
- Rootical reggae artist Da Real Storm's claim to fame: winning two 2014 Washington DC Reggae Awards for Best Female Performer and Album Of The Year
- Other DC acts that will leave audiences as chill as a cryogenically frozen tree sloth: Intellect and Storm Reggae Band
- How to give your belly good vibes: by indulging in Jamaican jerk chicken and pork
- Festival bonus: a drawing for an all-inclusive trip to Jamaica's international Reggae Wine Festival in October
56% of 419 customers recommend
“The Food lines are very very long ,so please have a lot of patience!”
“This was the first year that I attended the event The event took place in the parking lot of the stadium, so we never used the blanket we brought with us Instead we...”
“This was the first year that I attended the event The event took place in the parking lot of the stadium, so we never used the blanket we brought with us Instead we sat on chairs under a tent that my husband bought from Home Depot The entertainment was entertaining and the food was pretty good There were several options of vendors to choose from We will probably go back next year”
“It could be a little more entertaining for the price of admission”