- $14 for best available seating for one (up to $24 value)
- $22 for best available seating for two (up to $44 value)
Macomb Symphony Orchestra Presents Rule Britannia!
- The Theme: the music of Great Britain
- Notable Soloists: soprano Patricia Willington and violinist Marguerite Deslippe
- Highlights: the Pomp and Circumstance March set to lyrics
Macomb Symphony Orchestra
From its many violinists to its lone contra bassoonist, the heart of the Macomb Symphony Orchestra is 70 musicians strong. The pulse, however, is Thomas Cook. The conductor of the MSO for nearly 40 years, Cook also serves as its music director, programming evenings that range from the classically sublime to the delightfully unexpected—such as the 2014–2015 season's Music '70s Style. While their size helps them bring dynamic works such as Carmina Burana to life, they don't merely travel in packs. Chamber ensembles, such as the string quartet, flute and harp duo, and brass quintet, travel throughout the community to brighten weddings and bring classical music to schools.
Macomb Center for the Performing Arts
44575 Garfield Rd.
Charter Township Of Clinton, MI 48038