What You'll Get
- $23 for two tickets to Mehregan – Celebrating Women of the Middle East (up to $43.38 value)
- When: Friday, September 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Massry Center for the Arts
- General admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Mehregan – Celebrating Women of the Middle East
The Massry Center for the Arts celebrates the ancient Zoroastrian festival of autumn with lectures, dance, art, and music performed by women of Middle-Eastern descent.
- Sepideh Raissadat: Persian classical musician whose delicate voice has broken countless barriers, including becoming the first female singer to have a public performance in her home country after the 1979 revolution
- Ava Homa: a faculty member at Toronto’s George Brown College, Homa was called “Canada’s exquisite answer to Raymond Carver” after the release of her short story collection Echoes from the Other Land: Stories of Modern Iranian Women
- Dilan Dance Company: a pioneering troupe who rocketed to global significance in 2011 after premiering the world’s first Kurdish ballet, then unveiled a new large-scale production this year entitled The Dance of Colours: The Legend of Newroz
- Rozhin Dabiri: born in the small Iranian town of Orumieh, Dabiri began her artistic journey painting at the National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents, and today practices out of Tehran
Massry Center for the Arts
Named for the Massry family, whose contributions to The College of Saint Rose helped propel the construction of the arts emporium, the Massry Center for the Arts furthers community appreciation for the arts through performances and events. Music-education classrooms and rehearsal rooms beckon fledgling performers to further their sonic craft, whereas a gallery and a recital hall allow artists to showcase their paintings or beat-boxed readings of the Constitution. The entire environmentally friendly center adheres to green standards, with a geothermal system for heating and cooling, wind-powered electricity, and hardwood floors made of American cherrywood culled from tree farms.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 12, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 9/12 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Massry Center for the Arts. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Massry Center for the Arts' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.