"Good Day" and "Awnaw" hitmakers fuse upbeat rhythms with Southern flair on their latest tour
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 8, 2014.Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 3/8 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Beachside Tavern. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Venue is 21+ only. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
$10 for one ticket to see Nappy Roots (up to a $19.40 value)
When: Saturday, March 8, at 9 p.m.
Where: Beachside Tavern
Door time: 8 p.m.
Ticket values include all fees.<p>
**Nappy Roots – "Hey Love" official music video**
* Nappy Roots' musical style: Kentucky fried hip-hop with a bit of Southern bounce
* Which is: Southern-style storytelling with loads of mic passing, call-and-response chants, and country pride
* The sound: bass-filled beats with occasional splashes of banjos and harmonicas
* What they rap about: love, harmony, and country living
* The 2002 breakthrough that still sounds fresh today, especially if you kept the CD refrigerated: Watermelon, Chicken, and Gritz
* Nappy Roots summer anthem that sounds good in any season: "Good Day"
* Other Nappy classics you might hear: "Po' Folks", "Awnaw," and "Roun' The Globe"