- Orchestra Santa Monica presents Border Crossings
- When: Sunday, April 19, at 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Moss Theater at New Roads School
- General admission
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $18 for one ticket (up to $30 value)
- $30 for two tickets (up to $60 value)
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn’t reflect student or senior discounts.
- The Theme: Four pieces demonstrate how composers often find inspiration from countries (and times) other than the ones they grew up in.
- The Opener: Chen Yi’s Duo Ye, one of her last pieces written in China before she came to the U.S., fuses traditional Chinese melodies with Western flourishes.
- The Premiere: Berkeley-born Gabriela Lena Frank explores her Peruvian roots in an atmospheric evocation of the Andes in her Elegia Andina.
- The Closer: Czech Suite by Antonín Dvořák, which explores the age-old folk dances and melodies that ran through the composer’s country.
Orchestra Santa Monica
They might take the form of a full symphony, a smaller chamber orchestra, a wind quintet, or a parade of tuxedo models. But no matter how you see them, they remain one of the area's most diverse and adaptable ensembles. Established in 2012, Orchestra Santa Monica is dedicated to building a strong community of classical music lovers of all ages. To serve the community at large, OSM creates and shares life-enriching experiences through accessible, educational and inspirational live performances of classical music.