Piano prodigy Gavin George joins the Firelands Symphony Orchestra in this ode to music inspired by art
What You'll Get
- Seating: balcony
- Click here to view the seating chart
- What’s included: pre-concert conversation and art exhibition at 6:30 p.m.
Firelands Symphony Orchestra: Pictures at an Exhibition
- The Program: Originally a ten-piece suite composed for the piano by Modest Mussorgsky in 1874, this six-piece orchestral program is the showcase of the evening, with Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Op. 43 set as an addition to the docket.
- The Theme: The original score was inspired by the artwork of Mussorgsky’s friend and confidant Viktor Hartmann; as an ode to those beginnings, a pre-concert display will feature work by local high school art programs, portraying their own response to Pictures at an Exhibition.
- The Performers: Led by music director and conductor Carl Topilow, this full orchestra will be joined by 15-year-old pianist Gavin George, who made his concerto debut at age seven, performing Haydn’s Concerto in D Major.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 27, 2019. Refundable only within 24 hours of purchase. Limit 12/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Reservations recommended. Must reserve together to sit together. Merchant is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.