What You'll Get
A good band is always in sync, which is why it's so fun to watch them eat soup together. Feel the rhythm with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for two tickets to Saliva (up to $33.96 value)
- When: Sunday, June 15, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Diesel Concert Lounge
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- 1997: the year of Saliva's self-titled independent debut, which sold 10,000 copies in their native Tennessee and led to their major-label signing
- 2001: the year that Every Six Seconds introduced the band to the mainstream with hooky nü-metal hits such as "Your Disease" and "Click Click Boom"
- 2002: the year their third album, Back Into Your System, unleashed the mega-hit "Always," and the year Saliva toured with rock Goliaths KISS and Aerosmith
- And by 2006: Saliva fans were salivating over Blood Stained Love Story, which contained "Ladies and Gentlemen," the eventual theme to Wrestlemania 23
- What's new with Saliva: their new banshee-voiced lead singer, Bobby Amaru; a new album titled Rise Up, which the band considers to be the best since their debut
- What to expect at their live show: a set of classic sing- and scream-alongs mixed with brand-new headbangers, all performed by a band so rejuvenated, they should be forced to wear "High Voltage" warning signs around their necks
Diesel Concert Lounge
"It's like a little city in there," says co-owner Mike Mitchell of the 47,000 square feet of entertainment surrounding Diesel Concert Lounge. As part of the Premier Lanes complex—also home to an Italian restaurant and the Premier Lanes Bowling Alley— Diesel Concert Lounge is a complete about-face from the space's previous incarnation: a country music club called Diamonds & Spurs. With Mitchell and Premier Lanes' owner Joe Sgroi behind the scenes, the floor where cows once learned how to square-dance is now a haven for head-banging hard rock and head-bobbing hip-hop.
As one of the only places in Michigan to sport multiple stages within one venue, Diesel keeps its calendar packed with a variety of touring stars and local heroes. Most of those heroes, including Kid Rock, Megadeth, and Uncle Kracker, are enshrined on the walls in hand-printed concert posters.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 15, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem 6/15 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Diesel Concert Lounge. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Diesel Concert Lounge's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.