What You'll Get
- $20 for one ticket to see The Bronx Wanderers (up to $35 value)
- When: Sunday, May 4, at 3 p.m.
- Where: River Raisin Centre for the Arts
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 2:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Bronx Wanderers
- Who forms the nucleus of the group: nuclear family members Yo’ Vinny and his sons, Vinny “The Kid” and Nicky “Stix”
- Where Yo’ Vinny got his start: working with famed singer-songwriter Dion DiMucci on the albums Return of the Wanderer and Fire in the Night
- How the group sweetens their smooth vocals: swinging saxophones, a brawling rhythm section, and honey surreptitiously dripped in each sleeping audience member’s ear the night before
- Hits you might hear: greaser gems such as “The Wanderer” and “Runaround Sue” and modern detours such as their take on Coldplay’s “Viva la Vida”
River Raisin Centre for the Arts
In 1938, when Hollywood was still in it’s “Golden Era,” it was a safe bet that most of the citizens of Monroe could be found gathered in one place: the Monroe Movie Theatre. Although the movies were still black and white, the theater itself was bursting with art deco technicolor flair, where matinees and evening shows brought in guests by the thousands. But in the mid ’70s, when the Hollywood system favored multiplex blockbusters and John Travolta vehicles, the Monroe Movie Theatre was left to become a vacant museum of memories. Thankfully, in 1987, members of the Downtown Kiwanis Club stepped in front of a looming wrecking ball and jumpstarted the theater’s renovation process, which eventually lead to its 1988 rebirth as the River Raisin Centre for the Arts. Lovingly restored with all of its art deco intact, the former theater is now an integral part of the community culture, ushering in live performances and arts education programs that spotlight local talent such as the River Raisin Ballet Company, the Motor City Dance Extension, the RRCA Dance Academy, and the Music Theatre Company.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 4, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 5/4 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at River Raisin Centre for the Arts. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects River Raisin Centre for the Arts's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.