Spectator sports are marked by traditions, like dumping Gatorade on the winning coach and setting the losing coach’s Honda on fire. Feel the heat of competition with this GrouponLive deal.<p>
- Gameday packages to the Fiat of Scottsdale Rugby Bowl: Spikes & Spokes, featuring a match between national champion Brigham Young and nationally-ranked Arizona State
- Where: WestWorld of Scottsdale
- When: Saturday, April 12, at 1:10 p.m.
- Gates open: 11:30 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees<p>
- $9 for one general admission (an $18 value)
- $43 for tailgating admission for one car (an $85 value)
- $14 for one admission to the BYU tent (a $28 value)
- $14 for one admission to the ASU tent (a $28 value)
- $17 for one admission to the World of Beer beer garden (a $35 value)<p>
The Scouting Report
The Fiat of Scottsdale Rugby Bowl may be billed as a home game for the Arizona State squad, but they will no doubt have their hands full with the opposition. The Brigham Young team has scrummed their way to three national championships in the past five years—including back-to-back championships the past two years. While BYU is a veritable modern juggernaut, the Sun Devils are a historic powerhouse in their own right, with a program that dates back to 1975 and one that is perennially ranked among the nation’s top 25 squads.<p>
Fiat of Scottsdale Rugby Bowl: Spikes & Spokes
Top college rugby, tricked out motorcycle displays, DJs, pre and post match bands and school spirit commingle like a midfield scrum at the first Fiat of Scottsdale Rugby Bowl: Spikes & Spokes. Rugby fans can take in the action from a variety of spectator-friendly areas; tailgating fields enable them to prepare their own feasts as they watch the game, and shaded tents for both teams let fans express their partisanship without having to cover their school’s shirt in campaign buttons. Suds from Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and Arizona fill to brims at the World of Beer garden tent, keeping guests refreshed under the Scottsdale sun. Food trucks and a gallery of motorcycles supply nourishment and eye candy as guests enjoy the festive celebration of one of North America’s fastest-growing sports.<p>