Metaphors for laughter are often surprisingly violent, from "busting a gut" to "splitting your sides" to "tumbling down the jagged face of Joke Mountain." Break a funny bone with this GrouponLive deal.
- General admission to see As You Like It
- When: Any show June 19–30; 4:30 p.m. Sunday shows July 7–28
- Where: The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey's outdoor stage
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Click here to view the performance calendar.
- $34 for two tickets (a $68 value)
- $48 for four tickets (a $136 value)
One of Shakespeare's most popular comedies, As You Like It weaves the intricate tale of protagonist Rosalind, the daughter of a banished duke who falls for a heartthrob named Orlando. Before the two can profess their love to each other, Rosalind is banished from the court by her uncle, the usurping Duke Frederick.
Disguised as a young boy, Rosalind skips town with her cousin Celia and court jester Touchstone, and she later discovers her father's exiled court in the Forest of Arden. While still incognito, Rosalind encounters Orlando again and begins investigating the true nature of the young man's feelings for her. With its cross-dressing characters, instances of mistaken identities, and famous monologue "All the world's a stage," As You Like It keeps laughs flowing in iambic pentameter.