Golf is one of the few sports in which players can compete against themselves, along with paddleball and seeing how many potatoes they can eat. Put yourself to the test with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $28 for an 18-hole golf package for one with cart rental, one small bucket of range balls, and a beverage (up to a $57 value)
- $55 for an 18-hole golf package for two with cart rental, two small buckets of range balls, and two beverages (up to a $114 value)
Small buckets of range balls hold 35 golf balls. Players may select any size of drink, and alcoholic drinks are included.
Glenn Dale Golf Club's rates fluctuate throughout the day and week.
Glenn Dale Golf Club
On its perch high atop Prospect Hill, the resplendent manor house stands overlooking the 18 holes of Glenn Dale Golf Club as they unfurl outward among rolling hills and dense foliage. Though the house has been there since 1742, it wasn't until 1956 that the course was carved around the base of the mount. Terrell Brazelton oversaw the building of the course using a design by George Cobb, who later became the resident architect at Augusta National Golf Club and the author of many of its architectural renovations.
Today, golfers find their short games put to the test by dramatically sloped greens, a difficulty encountered by many top players when the course hosted a U.S. Open Qualifier in 1994 and just one player broke par. As players herd their golf balls throughout the course, they tread over land steeped in American history. The fairways and greens reside on a tract that once served as a meeting place for Native Americans.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 70 course
- Total length of 6,282 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 70 from the back tees
- Course slope of 115 from the back tees