What You'll Get
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.
Choose from Three Options
- $15 for an Olympics party kit for two children (mail order package) ($30 value)
- $49 for an Olympics party kit for ten children (mail order package) ($99 value)
- $75 for an Olympics live storytelling entertainment and kit for up to 10 kids (on location) ($150 value)
- A drawstring backpack tote bag
- An Olympics World Map to track medal winners and the different sports events.
- A 16-page Olympics Travel Journal with a set of Crayola crayons. Contains coloring pages, journal pages, country information, a letter from a new friend, tips on how to have an Olympic theme party and games/activities to teach global social awareness
- A fully bound board book in which a child can write a story about his/her journey to the Olympics
- A special Olympic medal as a souvenir
- A postcard a child can send to anyone and share about his/her Global Sleepover journey to the Olympics and Brazil
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Option 1 & 2 party kit orders will be fulfilled at the end of July and will arrive in the mail one week in advance of the start of the Olympics. Free shipping. Option 3 party kit will be delivered in-person at time of redemption. Advance reservation required for live storytelling entertainment option. Option 3 valid only within 30 miles of zip code 20005. Extra fee for additional guests. Tax not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About A Chat with The Global Sleepover
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
At The Global Sleepover, we love world travel and Sleepovers!
We teach children ages 4-9 about world cultures and help them become better readers and writers though interactive storytelling, imagination and the arts.
How do we do this?
We have a variety of services and products for your child. Children can receive personalized letters from our story characters around the world. Or you can bring the world to your child by ordering a Country Activity Kit. Boxes arrive in the mail. Kids learn about new countries through activities, games, arts and crafts, and tools for writing stories and puppet shows. We also have, in the Washington, DC area, live storytelling events and workshops at schools, private events and birthday parties. So grab your passports, pack your pajamas and join us on a Global Sleepover adventure today!
What is the experience customers can expect?
Children can expect the joy and delight of a good story. We love telling, hearing and sharing stories. This is why you’ll find storytelling in all we do. Children also take a global adventure with The Global Sleepover, meet new friends from different countries, learn about geography and world cultures, and become better readers and storytellers. They are engaged, entertained and educated.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
The Global Sleepover was started so we could share the world with young children through storytelling. We work to help children grow as global citizens, to carry-on traditions of storytelling and to expand their imagination. Philip Pullman says: “after nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.” Stories expand our horizons and take us on journeys we never could have imagined. And understanding global cultures and this magnificent world is just as poignant! We are now educating a new generation of global citizens and improving literacy.
Before creating Global Sleepover, our Founder Geeta was a humanitarian aid worker and lived in 7 countries. She's inspired by her late father who, despite growing up in refugee camps in India in the 50’s, lived around the world and earned five degrees. He believed in the unequivocal power of education.
What do you love most about your job?