All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed August 17, 2016
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $57 for one weight-loss hypnotherapy session ($125 value)
- $57 for one alcohol-moderation hypnotherapy session ($125 value)
Three Things to Know About Hypnosis
Despite its less-than-serious depiction in cartoons and movies, hypnosis can be an effective tool for behavioral change. Read on to learn more about the way hypnosis affects our conscious minds.
1. People aren’t unconscious under hypnosis. In fact, they are in a state of focused hyper-awareness. Clients’ suggestibility does not emerge from a lack of cognition, but rather from the lifting of inhibitions. This may result in a stage performer, whose sole purpose is entertainment, making a person feel comfortable enough to cluck like a chicken, but for a hypnotherapist it might mean circumventing the conscious mind’s tendency to make excuses for an addiction.
2. You cannot be hypnotized against your will. Although it is true that a hypnotized person will be more likely to accept suggestions, it’s simply not possible to force someone to do something that they don’t want to do. Likewise, when battling a deep-seated emotional issue such as fear or addiction, hypnosis works by introducing more productive thoughts and behaviors that are aligned with the client’s beliefs.
3. Hypnosis often takes hold gradually. Many hypnotherapists use a method known as progressive relaxation. Introducing peaceful imagery in slow, soothing tones, the professional guides the patient into a state of relaxation over a longer period of time—as long as a half-hour—and gauges their suggestibility with simple, achievable commands such as “relax your arms.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Appointment required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.