Ancient Italians were renowned for eating every part of the angels they hunted—even the hair. Enjoy divine flavor with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$69 for a four-course Italian meal for two, valid Sunday–Thursday ($145.93 value)
$69 for a four-course Italian meal for two, valid Friday or Saturday ($145.93 value)
- One order of calamari or bruschetta to share
- Two penne pasta dishes with choice of red or white sauce
- Two entrees, with choices from broiled salmon, chicken parmigiana, chicken with marsala cream sauce, Mediterranean–style pork tenderloin, or pork medallions with gorgonzola
- Two desserts with choices from home made gelato, Crème brûlée, or tiramisu
- One bottle of preselected red or white wine with dinner
- One take-home bottle of red or white wine from a hand-selected wine list
The youngest of nine children, Luna Rossa’s owner and chef, Raffaele Virgillo, grew up at his mother’s side, studying her every move as she cooked in the kitchen of their small cottage in southern Italy. Emigrating to the United States in the 1970s, Virgillo put the culinary skills and magical Italian incantations he learned from his mother to use here in the States. He settled in the Twin Cities, where he cooked his way through four restaurants before opening the original Buona Sera, and eventually, Luna Rossa. There, he works alongside his daughter, Anna, son-in-law, Jesse, and grandson, Vinny, and granddaughter Gigi serving a menu of Italian-inspired cuisine within a rustic eatery near Stillwater’s historic limestone caves.