People often change their look to mark a new life chapter, such as graduating from college or picking a new celebrity to impersonate for money. Change is good with this Groupon.
Choose from Four Options
- $27 for a women's haircut and style ($55 value)
- $63 for a women's haircut, style, and root touch-up ($130 value)
- $75 for a women's haircut, style, and partial highlights ($155 value)
- $89 for a women's haircut, style, and full highlights ($205 value)
This deal is only valid with stylist Janine Edmondson.
Hair Dryers: The Physics of Rapid Evaporation
The invention of the hair dryer has given hairstylists a powerful tool of the trade and the rest of us a quick way to dry soggy fireworks. Check out Groupon’s explanation of the science behind dry hair.
Given time, everything wet—even hair after a long shower—dries due to evaporation. When left to "air dry," hair slowly loses its moisture as the air scoops it up and converts it to water vapor. Hair dryers speed up the drying process by blowing hot air over the wet hair—a process that works wonders thanks to two key principles of evaporation:
- Evaporation requires energy, and more energy—in this case, heat—helps break the bonds holding water molecules together more quickly; when those bonds are loose, the water changes states.
- A pocket of air can only hold a certain amount of vapor before it becomes saturated. Thus, blowing air over the hair increases the amount of air that can potentially pick up the vapor.
All hair dryers consist of an electric fan and a heating element. As the fan pushes air down the barrel, it passes over the heat and emerges as hot air. Though some models heat coils of wire with an electrical current, others have ceramic heating elements, which can dry hair more quickly by producing the more radiant, safer far-infrared heat. Lately, many stylists have begun to adopt ionic hair dryers, which expel hot air with a surplus of negatively charged ions, reducing static electricity and resulting in smoother hair.
995 N State Road 434
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714