After completing a practical training, travelers take on a one- or two-hour Segway tour of Philadelphia
About This Deal
- Departure time:
- One-hour tour: 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m., and 5:30 p.m. (5:30 p.m. time is seasonal)
- Two-hour tour: 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Departure location: 7 North Columbus Boulevard, Suite 7b, Philadelphia, PA
- Age restriction: must be 12 or older; riders under 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian
- Weight restriction: 100 lbs. min; 310 lbs. max
- Notable sights: panoramic view of New Jersey, The Benjamin Franklin Bridge, Elfreth’s Alley, and more
- What to wear: comfortable clothes, for the weather; secure, flat, comfortable shoes, preferably close-toed sneakers or athletic shoes; flip-flops, high heels, or wedges are not appropriate
- Travelers should arrive 5–10 minutes before the scheduled time
- Check-in is followed by a 30-minute training session. The training must be completed to the guide’s satisfaction for a traveler to qualify for the tour.
- Tour starts as soon as all tour members are trained and feel confident riding a Segway.
Need To Know
About Philly By Segway
Philly By Segway gives first-time visitors and life-long residents alike an unparalleled way to see the City of Brotherly Love. Starting along the Delaware River, excursions pass landmarks like Old City, Society Hill and the historic district, and some parts of South Philly, such as the Italian Market and the Magic Gardens. Besides historical attractions, tours allow guests to connect with the city on a local level as well, with stops off the beaten path and colorful stories from a local guide. All participants will be thoroughly trained before the tour, making sure everyone feels comfortable and confident.