Children improve focus, balance, and self-discipline with experienced coach during introductory karate classes
What You'll Get
- One Month of Introductory Kids’ Karate Classes for One Child
- One Month of Introductory Kids’ Karate Classes for Two Children
Three Things to Know About Kickboxing
Kickboxing is a popular form of competitive fighting, but it really encompasses many different combat disciplines. Read on to learn more about this martial arts—and fitness—mainstay.
1. Kickboxing is many disciplines in one, incorporating moves and techniques from many martial arts. Punches, kicks, elbows, clinches, and takedowns are all fair game. As such, styles can vary widely among martial-arts purists, boxers, and fighters who work to cultivate a unique approach.
2. Its versatility translates well to fitness. Kickboxing balances upper- and lower-body flexibility with cardiovascular exercise, making for an effective full-body workout. Practitioners also get the benefit of learning self-defense techniques, getting a leg up on their peers who only know how to chuck a treadmill at an attacker.
3. It’s not that old. Kickboxing is quite popular in Thailand, which is also home to Muay Thai—a form of boxing, practiced as a regulated sport since the late 19th century, in which fighters don gloves and other pads. In 1966, a Japanese karate promoter became infatuated with Muay Thai—and particularly the full-contact striking that’s not allowed in karate—and saw an opportunity to blend the styles. He prepared three karate fighters to take on Muay Thai specialists, and the competition was fierce enough to inspire the birth, a few years later, of kickboxing as an organized sport.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Not valid for clients active within the past 6 months. Must sign waiver. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Uniform is not included. Limit one per family. Ages 5 and up. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Shape 12Rounds Kickboxing
At Shape 12Rounds Kickboxing, clients find ways to unwind from a stressful day—and there is probably no other best way to do that other than through workouts. At this gym, skilled instructors help clients get to their desired fitness goals with kickboxing classes, which is a great way to tone muscles and build strength. But that's, of course, not all that clients can do here, as they also receive personal training sessions as well as Zumba and yoga classes. What's more, the gym also cares for clients' good nutrition choices, providing healthy food.