What You'll Get
- Tickets to Frecon’s Cidery’s Wassail
- When: Saturday, May 3, from noon to 5 p.m.
- Where: Frecon’s Orchard
- Door time: noon
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $32 for two general-admission tickets (up to $65.50 value)
- $64 for four general-admission tickets (up to $131 value)
- General admission includes one 8-ounce hard cider with a food pairing.
Frecon’s Cidery’s Wassail
- What it is: a celebration of the upcoming growing season with hard cider, food, and live music
- Why it’s called a wassail: it refers to the old English ritual in which people would “sing and drink to awaken the cider apple trees, scare away evil spirits in the orchard, and toast the health of the trees to ensure a plentiful harvest of fruit in the fall.”
The Food and Drink
- Where the apples come from: the family-owned Frecon Farms, which Frecon’s Cidery, blends the juices of aromatic, cider, and dessert apples before fermenting them
- The hard cider: Gluten-free libations include The Early Man, which bursts with Heirloom, McIntosh, and Gravenstein apples. The Crabby Granny comes packed with crab apples and Granny Smith apples.
- What to eat: barbecue, American comfort food, and wood-fired pizza
- Manatawny Creek Ramblers: a quartet that performs original bluegrass songs as well as timeless tunes from the likes of genre legends Del McCoury and Flatt & Scruggs
- Mason Porter: this lively folk band has been a fixture at various festivals, from the Philadelphia Folk Festival to the Spring Gulch Folk Festival
- La Overtoner: themes of heartbreak and melancholy weave with majestic guitars and lush vocals
Starfish Junction Productions, LLC
The “starfish” of Starfish Junction Productions, LLC isn’t just a fun word. The production company took its inspiration from the famed story of a young man who tosses starfish back into the ocean after they wash up on the shore. His goal: making a difference, even if it was only a difference to one sea creature at a time. The company uses this same approach when producing events. They start by identifying a brand or industry that they feel is underserved, then build an event around it. Their efforts have resulted in multiple accolades, including the gold medal in 2012 for Special Event of the Year for the North Fork Craft Beer & Wine Festival. In 2008, Forbes Magazine even named the Starfish Junctions-Philly Craft Beer Fest one of the Top 10 Beer Festivals in America.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 3, 2014. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Groups must arrive together. Must be 21 or older. Operates in all weather conditions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.